Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve Saxlingham Nethergate and the surrounding area by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Our vision for Saxlingham Primary School is based on our understanding of the Bible verse, John 10:10
‘I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.’
We interpret this as God’s wish that every member of the Saxlingham Primary School community enjoys life in all its fullness, and contributes to a world that enables everyone to do the same.
This means that:
- We must respect the individuality of each person and make them feel valued in our setting.
- We must provide a curriculum that is rich, broad and relevant – offering opportunities for children to explore their creativity, enjoy physical activity and feel a bond with their environment whilst learning ever more about the wider world.
- Promote high standards in reading, writing and mathematics in order that every child is enabled to carry on their learning and play a part in the future world commensurate with their potential.
- Ensure that children understand the importance of other people and develop positive relationships with those around them.
- Ensure that children feel a link with people locally, nationally and globally and understand that their actions can impact all.
- Enable children to appreciate their own spirituality, respect that of others and experience joy in the world.
- We share this vision with others in the Tas Valley Church Schools Federation and work towards it.